WHAT IS LANAP Protocol?
The LANAP protocol is a gum disease treatment that uses the PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser, allowing for a minimally invasive alternative to surgery.
The LANAP protocol offers the possibility of stimulating the growth of the damaged parts of the tissue of the gums and the mouth, including the regrowth of a new periodontal ligament, new alveolar bone and new cementum. Without these three components, full oral function is not possible.
- The Perio probe indicates a pocket depth excessive
- and bone defects.
- The PerioLase® MVP-7 “”‘ laser energy vaporizes bacteria, diseased tissue, pathological proteins and alerts the doctor to the presence of tartar.
- An ultrasonic scaler and specialized tips are used to remove tartar and tartar from the root surface.
- The bone is modified at the time of surgery, laser tissue regeneration (LTR) is initiated.
- PerioLaser MVP-7 is used to form a clot gel containing collagen stem cells for bones and soft tissues.
- Adherence of rete ridges, stem cells, red blood cells to clean the surface of the root, with a stable fibrin clot in the gingival ridge to create a ‘closed system’.
- Bite trauma is adjusted.
- True regeneration of the periodontal tissue.